PRE CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Under the terms of The Estate Agents (Provision of Information) Regulations 1991. Cobble Country Property in Sedbergh, Cumbria, are required to provide you with all the pre contract terms and conditions for our company. We would like to make you aware of the following points, prior to taking an instruction to market your house on your behalf:
- We do not provide any form of other service, other than that of residential/commercial sales and marketing. We do not offer any mortgage/financial advice, or conveyance service.
- Property valuations for the purposes of future marketing are free.
- Valuations for the purposes of probate information are charged at £100.00 plus VAT. If we subsequently market the property once the probate value has been established, this fee is refundable.
- We offer different methods of marketing as appropriate to each property. These will be discussed with vendors after we have been able to view the property and consider all factors involved regarding the disposal of the property.
- All payments for commission relating to the sale of your property are paid for upon completion. An invoice will be sent to your solicitor prior to exchange of contracts and our fee will be deducted from the sale fee of your property by your solicitor and we receive payment once contracts have been exchanged and completed.
- If you have agreed to pay a fee for advertising and promotion, this will also be due for payment at the point of completion. The fee for advertising and promotion will be added to the commission fee and forwarded to your solicitor at the same time. The fee for advertising and promotion will have been pre agreed with yourself and included in the initial agreement and may also include further agreed amounts as signed for by yourself at a later date.
- Our contract states that we are allowed to market your property for a period of four months before you can withdraw from our services. If circumstances arise where you feel that you need to withdraw your property from the market during this time a fee of £125.00 plus VAT will be charged for the administrative costs incurred of preparing marketing literature for your property. You will also be charged a fee for any advertising costs that have incurred whilst the property has been marketed.
- During our marketing period of four months we act as 'Sole Agent'. This means that only our agency can be instructed to market this property during this period. Any request to market the property with another agency for the purposes of joint or multiple agency advertising can only be done so after the four-month period unless specifically agreed by Cobble Country Property in writing with the other agency and yourselves as vendor(s).
- We are unable to take an instruction to market your property until we have agreed the commission fee and any advertising budget, (if applicable). Our work commences once we have received a signed and dated copy of the contract. At this stage we are able to instruct third parties (with your approval)to obtain all the legally required documents necessary to allow us to market your property.
- Information regarding your selling situation and any personal details will be held on file in a locked cabinet and on our computer database, which is inaccessible without the required passwords and codes. We do not discuss your personal or financial circumstances with anyone unless extenuating circumstances occur and then only with your approval.
- We adhere to the Data Protection Act 1988
- Any offers subsequently made on your property are not discussed with anyone outside of our office and considered as confidential at all times.
© Cobble Country Property, February 2009.
We advertise on the following websites